Government of Canada
Common menu bar
14, 655 EUR gross per annum
Locally engaged employee
Closing date for applications:
20-01-2017 At midnight UTC/GMT
Summary of position:
Under the general supervision of the Charge d'affaires, the incumbent will provide administrative, organizational and budgetary support to the Head of Office and the Programs Officer for the trade, political and public affairs programs. The incumbent will also provide consular assistance to Canadian clients under the supervision of the responsible Program Manager.
• Successful completion of a university degree
• Fluent Lithuanian (oral and written)
• Fluent English (oral and written)
• Recent experience* working for an international organization/company or diplomatic mission
• Minimum 2 years’ recent* experience working in a position with a strong focus on client service
*Recent is defined as within the last 5 years.
• Financial and administrative practices and procedures
• Common social media platforms (incl. Twitter and Facebook)
• Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Competency / Ability:
• Ability to set priorities, multi-task and manage time/workload effectively;
• Ability to summarize the program documents in English and Lithuanian
• Ability to work under pressure according to deadlines;
• Interpersonal skills
• Effective communication – oral and written
• Sound judgement
• Adaptability, flexibility
• Ability to take the initiative and be proactive
• Client focus
• Attention to detail
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
• Previous experience with the Canadian Government or in a public sector environment
• Experience managing corporate social media platforms
• Knowledge of the French language (spoken and written)
• Knowledge of the Russian language (spoken)
If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
• Ability to work occasional overtime (evenings, weekends if necessary)
• Ability to travel on occasion and attend offsite meetings.
Condition(s) of Employment:
• Right to work and live legally in Lithuania
• Able to obtain and retain an enhanced reliability clearance
Area of selection:
Open to external candidates residing in Lithuania and to all employees of the mission holding an indeterminate or fixed-term appointment who meet all essential qualifications and whose applications are received on the closing date. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from various sectors of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
• Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Please note that some email systems may block emails from unknown users. Candidates should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including junk mail.
• Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• Please note that the Representative Office of Canada in Lithuania does not sponsor work permits directly or indirectly.
• The Representative Office of Canada in Lithuania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews then please let us know during the application process.
• The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the Representative Office of Canada in Lithuania, which might arise in the 18 months following the completion of this competition.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the process please send an email to RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca
For more information about this position please open the following document:
Sorry, this vacancy is closed.
Top of Page