Government of Canada
Common menu bar
Health Admissibility Adjudicator
Php671,253.00 plus bonuses and benefits, non-negotiable
Indeterminate, full-time at 37.5 hours per week
Levels 6-8, Tower 2 RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue, Makati 1200
Closing date for applications:
22-01-2017 At midnight UTC/GMT
Summary of position:
Under the general direction of the Regional Medical Officers and as part of the Regional Medical Office team, the Health Admissibility Adjudicator (HAA) screens and assesses a large number of immigration medical examinations every year. While the HAA does not perform the medical examination, he/she will review all the medical documentation, test results and chest x-ray that are part of the examination in order to identify health risks and conditions. This position works closely with the team physicians who provide guidance and advice. The HAA assesses medical information regarding visa applicants’ admissibility to Canada on health grounds.
• Fluency in English (read, write, speak)
• Medical Degree from an accredited university recognized by the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges and a medical license issued by the Medical College of the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC); an equivalent medical degree from an accredited university from another country may be considered
• Bachelor’s Nursing Degree recognized by the Professional Regulations Commission, an equivalent nursing degree from an accredited university in another country may be considered AND Master in Public Health, Epidemiology and Statistics, Infectious Diseases, Health Service Administration, Business Administration, or other related areas
• At least two years’ experience in clinical health care in a hospital setting
• One year’s experience in clinical health care, with an additional one year's experience in a public health program, community health program, and/or health research program
• Tuberculosis Management
• Management of common chronic diseases
Abilities / Competencies
• Analyze immigration medical examinations to assess health risks of visa applicants to Canada
• Manage professional stakeholders
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Use computer software applications
• Team Function
• Interpersonal skills
• Medical specialization, having passed the diplomate board examinations in: internal medicine, pulmonology, public health, infectious diseases, or other related medical specializations
• Master of Arts or Master of Science in Nursing, Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Community Medicine or related disciplines
• Master’s degree in Administration, Public Administration or related disciplines
• At least 3 years’ experience in clinical health care related to the medical management of tuberculosis and/or chronic diseases
Hours of work:
Mondays - Thursdays: 08h00-16h30
Condition(s) of Employment:
1. Obtain and maintain the required level of security clearance from the Government of Canada throughout the employment period
2. If non-Philippine citizens, the possession of or ability to procure a valid working permit in the Philippines for an indeterminate period
3. Legal residence in the Philippines
4. Meet the employer’s medical requirements by undergoing a medical evaluation by a physician
Area of selection:
Open to Philippine nationals and expatriates with or eligible for a work permit who meet the Essential Qualifications and are currently residing in the Philippines
To apply, candidates should send a résumé and covering letter which addresses each selection criterion with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item in the Essential and Asset Qualifications.
Applications must be submitted through this website.
Applications must be submitted by 24h00 on 22 January 2017 (Manila time). Only applications received through the website will be accepted.
Candidates must meet the Essential Qualifications to be invited to the competition process. Candidates will be assessed on Abilities, Personal Suitability, Essential and Asset Qualifications. A written examination and/or interview may be administered. References will be required and reference checks may be conducted and evaluated.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but we will only contact those who pass the initial screening. Candidates must provide contact information so that they can be easily reached (e-mail, mobile, etc.).
The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list for similar openings in the Embassy which might arise in the twelve months following the completion of this competition.
Top of Page