Government of Canada
Common menu bar
Driver / Messenger (m/f)
2,513.14 € gross plus benefits
Closing date for applications:
23-01-2017 At midnight UTC/GMT
Summary of position:
Under the general supervision of the Property & Service Manager provides transportation, delivery and errand services to all Mission programs; arranges for car maintenance; procures and distributes all office supplies; acts as a backup for the Purchasing and Contracting Specialist; and provides basic administrative, maintenance and support services to the Mission following established Mission and departmental policies.
• School-leaving certificate (equivalent to Realschulabschluss or higher)
• Professional level (written and oral) of German
• Working level of one of Canada’s official languages (English or French)
• Valid German driver’s license
• Valid license to transport passengers Valid Fahrerlaubnis zur Fahrgastbeförderung ( = Personenbeförderungsschein)
• Significant work experience** as a chauffeur in Berlin/Brandenburg (**Significant work experience is defined as two years in full-time out of the past five).
• Knowledge of the Berlin road network
• Ability to drive passengers comfortably and safely
• Ability to understand and use road maps and GPS systems
• Ability to perform office work
• Ability to use computer applications (MS Office) in a professional environment
• Ability to work both independently and in a team
• Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
• Ability to prioritize
• Well-groomed appearance
• Attention to detail
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
• Work experience in an international environment such as an Embassy, NGO or abroad
• Work experience in an office environment
• Work experience with SAP or other financial software
• Ability in second Canadian official language
• Valid Fahrerlaubnis zur Fahrgastbeförderung with Ortskundeprüfung for Berlin (= Personenbeförderungsschein)
If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
• Willingness to work overtime
• Willingness to travel on occasion
• Willingness to be on call after hours and on weekends and public holidays on occasion
Condition(s) of Employment:
Conditions of Employment:
• Security check and approval of Reliability Status
• Prior ability to work in Germany
• Must maintain a valid German driver’s license throughout employment period
• Must maintain a valid Fahrerlaubnis zur Fahrgastbeförderung in Taxen throughout employment period
• Must perform driving duties without influence of alcohol and/or other drugs (legal / illegal)
Area of selection:
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to live and work in Germany who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date.
How to apply:
• Please complete the online application form. Candidates are also required to upload a CV, a covering letter, a scan of their driver’s license and a scan of their Personenbefoerderungsschein. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates must demonstrate concisely in their cover letter how they meet the essential and asset qualifications.
• Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
• Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Germany does not sponsor work permits directly or indirectly.
• The Embassy of Canada to Germany does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews then please let us know during the application process.
• The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada to Germany (determinate, indeterminate, part-time, full-time), which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
For more information about this position please open the following documents:
Top of Page